• Tune Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form one sound to another; to form accordant musical sounds.
- (v. i.) To utter inarticulate harmony with the voice; to sing without pronouncing words; to hum.
- (v. t.) To sing with melody or harmony.
- (n.) A sound; a note; a tone.
- (n.) A rhythmical, melodious, symmetrical series of tones for one voice or instrument, or for any number of voices or instruments in unison, or two or more such series forming parts in harmony; a melody; an air; as, a merry tune; a mournful tune; a slow tune; a psalm tune. See Air.
- (n.) Order; harmony; concord; fit disposition, temper, or humor; right mood.
- (v. t.) To put into a proper state or disposition.
- (v. t.) To put into a state adapted to produce the proper sounds; to harmonize, to cause to be in tune; to correct the tone of; as, to tune a piano or a violin.
- (n.) The state of giving the proper, sound or sounds; just intonation; harmonious accordance; pitch of the voice or an instrument; adjustment of the parts of an instrument so as to harmonize with itself or with others; as, the piano, or the organ, is not in tune.
- (v. t.) To give tone to; to attune; to adapt in style of music; to make harmonious.
• Tuneful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Harmonious; melodious; musical; as, tuneful notes.
• Tuner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who tunes; especially, one whose occupation is to tune musical instruments.