• Twill Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A fabric women with a twill.
- (v. t.) An appearance of diagonal lines or ribs produced in textile fabrics by causing the weft threads to pass over one and under two, or over one and under three or more, warp threads, instead of over one and under the next in regular succession, as in plain weaving.
- (v. t.) A quill, or spool, for yarn.
- (v. i.) To weave, as cloth, so as to produce the appearance of diagonal lines or ribs on the surface.
• Twilled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Twill
• Twilly Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A machine for cleansing or loosening wool by the action of a revolving cylinder covered with long iron spikes or teeth; a willy or willying machine; -- called also twilly devil, and devil. See Devil, n., 6, and Willy.