• Twilling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Twill
• Twill Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A fabric women with a twill.
- (v. t.) An appearance of diagonal lines or ribs produced in textile fabrics by causing the weft threads to pass over one and under two, or over one and under three or more, warp threads, instead of over one and under the next in regular succession, as in plain weaving.
- (v. t.) A quill, or spool, for yarn.
- (v. i.) To weave, as cloth, so as to produce the appearance of diagonal lines or ribs on the surface.