• Twin Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Being one of two born at a birth; as, a twin brother or sister.
- (a.) Double; consisting of two similar and corresponding parts.
- (v. i.) To be born at the same birth.
- (v. i.) To depart from a place or thing.
- (v. t.) To separate into two parts; to part; to divide; hence, to remove; also, to strip; to rob.
- (a.) Composed of parts united according to some definite law of twinning. See Twin, n., 4.
- (v. i.) To bring forth twins.
- (n.) A sign and constellation of the zodiac; Gemini. See Gemini.
- (v. t.) To cause to be twins, or like twins in any way.
- (a.) Being one of a pair much resembling one another; standing the relation of a twin to something else; -- often followed by to or with.
- (n.) One of two produced at a birth, especially by an animal that ordinarily brings forth but one at a birth; -- used chiefly in the plural, and applied to the young of beasts as well as to human young.
- (n.) A person or thing that closely resembles another.
- (n.) A compound crystal composed of two or more crystals, or parts of crystals, in reversed position with reference to each other.
• Twined Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Twine
• Twinkled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Twinkle