• Umbrage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Shadowy resemblance; shadow.
- (n.) The feeling of being overshadowed; jealousy of another, as standing in ones light or way; hence, suspicion of injury or wrong; offense; resentment.
- (n.) Shade; shadow; obscurity; hence, that which affords a shade, as a screen of trees or foliage.
• Umbrageous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Forming or affording a shade; shady; shaded; as, umbrageous trees or foliage.
- (a.) Not easily perceived, as if from being darkened or shaded; obscure.
- (a.) Feeling jealousy or umbrage; taking, or disposed to take, umbrage; suspicious.