• Unction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Divine or sanctifying grace.
- (n.) That quality in language, address, or the like, which excites emotion; especially, strong devotion; religious fervor and tenderness; sometimes, a simulated, factitious, or unnatural fervor.
- (n.) The act of anointing, smearing, or rubbing with an unguent, oil, or ointment, especially for medical purposes, or as a symbol of consecration; as, mercurial unction.
- (n.) That which is used for anointing; an unguent; an ointment; hence, anything soothing or lenitive.