• Undertake Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To take upon ones self, or assume, any business, duty, or province.
- (v. i.) To venture; to hazard.
- (v. t.) To take or have the charge of.
- (v. t.) To have knowledge of; to hear.
- (v. t.) Hence, to guarantee; to promise; to affirm.
- (v. t.) To assume, as a character.
- (v. t.) To take upon ones self; to engage in; to enter upon; to take in hand; to begin to perform; to set about; to attempt.
- (v. i.) To give a promise or guarantee; to be surety.
- (v. t.) To engage with; to attack.
- (v. t.) Specifically, to take upon ones self solemnly or expressly; to lay ones self under obligation, or to enter into stipulations, to perform or to execute; to covenant; to contract.
• Undertaken Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Undertake