• Uniform Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make conformable.
- (v. t.) To clothe with a uniform; as, to uniform a company of soldiers.
- (a.) A dress of a particular style or fashion worn by persons in the same service or order by means of which they have a distinctive appearance; as, the uniform of the artillery, of the police, of the Freemasons, etc.
- (a.) Having always the same form, manner, or degree; not varying or variable; unchanging; consistent; equable; homogenous; as, the dress of the Asiatics has been uniform from early ages; the temperature is uniform; a stratum of uniform clay.
- (a.) Of the same form with others; agreeing with each other; conforming to one rule or mode; consonant.
• Uniformism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The doctrine of uniformity in the geological history of the earth; -- in part equivalent to uniformitarianism, but also used, more broadly, as opposed to catastrophism.
• Uniformal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Uniform.