• United Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Combined; joined; made one.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Unite
• Unit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A gold coin of the reign of James I., of the value of twenty shillings.
- (n.) The least whole number; one.
- (n.) A single thing or person.
- (n.) A single thing, as a magnitude or number, regarded as an undivided whole.
- (n.) Any determinate amount or quantity (as of length, time, heat, value) adopted as a standard of measurement for other amounts or quantities of the same kind.
• Unite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become one; to be cemented or consolidated; to combine, as by adhesion or mixture; to coalesce; to grow together.
- (v. t.) To put together so as to make one; to join, as two or more constituents, to form a whole; to combine; to connect; to join; to cause to adhere; as, to unite bricks by mortar; to unite iron bars by welding; to unite two armies.
- (v. i.) To join in an act; to concur; to act in concert; as, all parties united in signing the petition.
- (v. t.) United; joint; as, unite consent.
- (v. t.) Hence, to join by a legal or moral bond, as families by marriage, nations by treaty, men by opinions; to join in interest, affection, fellowship, or the like; to cause to agree; to harmonize; to associate; to attach.
• Unitedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an united manner.