• Universal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the universe; extending to, including, or affecting, the whole number, quantity, or space; unlimited; general; all-reaching; all-pervading; as, universal ruin; universal good; universal benevolence or benefice.
- (a.) Adapted or adaptable to all or to various uses, shapes, sizes, etc.; as, a universal milling machine.
- (n.) A universal proposition. See Universal, a., 4.
- (a.) Forming the whole of a genus; relatively unlimited in extension; affirmed or denied of the whole of a subject; as, a universal proposition; -- opposed to particular; e. g. (universal affirmative) All men are animals; (universal negative) No men are omniscient.
- (n.) A general abstract conception, so called from being universally applicable to, or predicable of, each individual or species contained under it.
- (a.) Constituting or considered as a whole; total; entire; whole; as, the universal world.
- (n.) The whole; the general system of the universe; the universe.
• Universalistic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the whole; universal.
• Universally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a universal manner; without exception; as, Gods laws are universally binding on his creatures.