• Vacation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of vacating; a making void or of no force; as, the vacation of an office or a charter.
- (n.) Intermission of judicial proceedings; the space of time between the end of one term and the beginning of the next; nonterm; recess.
- (n.) The time when an office is vacant; esp. (Eccl.), the time when a see, or other spiritual dignity, is vacant.
- (n.) The intermission of the regular studies and exercises of an educational institution between terms; holidays; as, the spring vacation.
- (n.) Intermission of a stated employment, procedure, or office; a period of intermission; rest; leisure.