• Vanish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be annihilated or lost; to pass away.
- (v. i.) To pass from a visible to an invisible state; to go out of sight; to disappear; to fade; as, vapor vanishes from the sight by being dissipated; a ship vanishes from the sight of spectators on land.
- (n.) The brief terminal part of vowel or vocal element, differing more or less in quality from the main part; as, a as in ale ordinarily ends with a vanish of i as in ill, o as in old with a vanish of oo as in foot.
• Vanishment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vanishing.