• Vegetal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, that class of vital phenomena, such as digestion, absorption, assimilation, secretion, excretion, circulation, generation, etc., which are common to plants and animals, in distinction from sensation and volition, which are peculiar to animals.
- (n.) A vegetable.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to vegetables, or the vegetable kingdom; of the nature of a vegetable; vegetable.
• Vegetality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being vegetal, or vegetable.
- (n.) The quality or state of being vegetal, or exhibiting those physiological phenomena which are common to plants and animals. See Vegetal, a., 2.