• Velveting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The fine shag or nap of velvet; a piece of velvet; velvet goods.
• Velvet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The soft and highly vascular deciduous skin which envelops and nourishes the antlers of deer during their rapid growth.
- (a.) Made of velvet; soft and delicate, like velvet; velvety.
- (n.) A silk fabric, having a short, close nap of erect threads. Inferior qualities are made with a silk pile on a cotton or linen back.
- (v. i.) To pain velvet.
- (v. t.) To make like, or cover with, velvet.