• Veneering Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Thin wood or other material used as a veneer.
- (n.) The act or art of one who veneers.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Veneer
• Veneer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A thin leaf or layer of a more valuable or beautiful material for overlaying an inferior one, especially such a thin leaf of wood to be glued to a cheaper wood; hence, external show; gloss; false pretense.
- (v. t.) To overlay or plate with a thin layer of wood or other material for outer finish or decoration; as, to veneer a piece of furniture with mahogany. Used also figuratively.