• Venom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Spite; malice; malignity; evil quality. Chaucer.
- (n.) To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.
- (n.) Matter fatal or injurious to life; poison; particularly, the poisonous, the poisonous matter which certain animals, such as serpents, scorpions, bees, etc., secrete in a state of health, and communicate by thing or stinging.
• Venomous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Noxious; mischievous; malignant; spiteful; as, a venomous progeny; a venomous writer.
- (a.) Having a poison gland or glands for the secretion of venom, as certain serpents and insects.
- (a.) Full of venom; noxious to animal life; poisonous; as, the bite of a serpent may be venomous.