• Ventured Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Venture
• Venture Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a venture; to run a hazard or risk; to take the chances.
- (v. t.) To expose to hazard; to risk; to hazard; as, to venture ones person in a balloon.
- (v. t.) To confide in; to rely on; to trust.
- (n.) An undertaking of chance or danger; the risking of something upon an event which can not be foreseen with certainty; a hazard; a risk; a speculation.
- (n.) An event that is not, or can not be, foreseen; an accident; chance; hap; contingency; luck.
- (v. t.) To put or send on a venture or chance; as, to venture a horse to the West Indies.
- (n.) The thing put to hazard; a stake; a risk; especially, something sent to sea in trade.
- (v. i.) To hazard ones self; to have the courage or presumption to do, undertake, or say something; to dare.