• Versed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Verse
- (a.) Acquainted or familiar, as the result of experience, study, practice, etc.; skilled; practiced.
- (a.) Turned.
• Vers Definition & Synonyms
- (n. sing. & pl.) A verse or verses. See Verse.
• Verse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To tell in verse, or poetry.
- (n.) A portion of an anthem to be performed by a single voice to each part.
- (n.) A piece of poetry.
- (n.) Metrical arrangement and language; that which is composed in metrical form; versification; poetry.
- (n.) A stanza; a stave; as, a hymn of four verses.
- (n.) A short division of any composition.
- (v. i.) To make verses; to versify.
- (n.) One of the short divisions of the chapters in the Old and New Testaments.
- (n.) A line consisting of a certain number of metrical feet (see Foot, n., 9) disposed according to metrical rules.