• Vertical Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vertical line, plane, or circle.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the vertex; situated at the vertex, or highest point; directly overhead, or in the zenith; perpendicularly above one.
- (n.) Vertical position; zenith.
- (a.) Perpendicular to the plane of the horizon; upright; plumb; as, a vertical line.
• Vertically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a vertical manner, position, or direction; perpendicularly; as, to look down vertically; to raise a thing vertically.