• Vesicle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bladderlike vessel; a membranous cavity; a cyst; a cell.
- (n.) A small convex hollow prominence on the surface of a shell or a coral.
- (n.) A cavity or sac, especially one filled with fluid; as, the umbilical vesicle.
- (n.) A small, and more or less circular, elevation of the cuticle, containing a clear watery fluid.
- (n.) A small bladderlike body in the substance of vegetable, or upon the surface of a leaf.
- (n.) A small cavity, nearly spherical in form, and usually of the size of a pea or smaller, such as are common in some volcanic rocks. They are produced by the liberation of watery vapor in the molten mass.