• Vie Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To strive for superiority; to contend; to use emulous effort, as in a race, contest, or competition.
- (v. t.) To stake; to wager.
- (v. t.) To do or produce in emulation, competition, or rivalry; to put in competition; to bandy.
- (n.) A contest for superiority; competition; rivalry; strife; also, a challenge; a wager.
- (v. i.) To stake a sum upon a hand of cards, as in the old game of gleek. See Revie.
• Viewing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of View