• View Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Mode of looking at anything; manner of apprehension; conception; opinion; judgment; as, to state ones views of the policy which ought to be pursued.
- (n.) The act of seeing or beholding; sight; look; survey; examination by the eye; inspection.
- (n.) Appearance; show; aspect.
- (v. t.) To see; to behold; especially, to look at with attention, or for the purpose of examining; to examine with the eye; to inspect; to explore.
- (n.) Mental survey; intellectual perception or examination; as, a just view of the arguments or facts in a case.
- (n.) Power of seeing, either physically or mentally; reach or range of sight; extent of prospect.
- (v. t.) To survey or examine mentally; to consider; as, to view the subject in all its aspects.
- (n.) That which is seen or beheld; sight presented to the natural or intellectual eye; scene; prospect; as, the view from a window.
- (n.) The pictorial representation of a scene; a sketch, /ither drawn or painted; as, a fine view of Lake George.
- (n.) That which is looked towards, or kept in sight, as object, aim, intention, purpose, design; as, he did it with a view of escaping.
• Viewless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not perceivable by the eye; invisible; unseen.