• Virgin Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pure; undefiled; unmixed; fresh; new; as, virgin soil; virgin gold.
- (n.) Any one of several species of gossamer-winged butterflies of the family Lycaenidae.
- (n.) A person of the male sex who has not known sexual indulgence.
- (v. i.) To act the virgin; to be or keep chaste; -- followed by it. See It, 5.
- (a.) Not yet pregnant; impregnant.
- (n.) See Virgo.
- (n.) A woman who has had no carnal knowledge of man; a maid.
- (n.) A female insect producing eggs from which young are hatched, though there has been no fecundation by a male; a parthenogenetic insect.
- (a.) Being a virgin; chaste; of or pertaining to a virgin; becoming a virgin; maidenly; modest; indicating modesty; as, a virgin blush.
• Virginia Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Old Dominion
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the State of Virginia.
- (n.) One of the States of the United States of America.
• Virginity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The unmarried life; celibacy.
- (n.) The quality or state of being a virgin; undefiled purity or chastity; maidenhood.