• Visiting Definition & Synonyms
- () a. & vb. n. from Visit.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Visit
• Visit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The act of visiting, or going to see a person or thing; a brief stay of business, friendship, ceremony, curiosity, or the like, usually longer than a call; as, a visit of civility or respect; a visit to Saratoga; the visit of a physician.
- (v. t.) To go or come to see for inspection, examination, correction of abuses, etc.; to examine, to inspect; as, a bishop visits his diocese; a superintendent visits persons or works under his charge.
- (v. t.) To come to for the purpose of chastising, rewarding, comforting; to come upon with reward or retribution; to appear before or judge; as, to visit in mercy; to visit one in wrath.
- (v. t.) To go or come to see, as for the purpose of friendship, business, curiosity, etc.; to attend; to call upon; as, the physician visits his patient.
- (v. t.) The act of going to view or inspect; an official or formal inspection; examination; visitation; as, the visit of a trustee or inspector.
- (v. i.) To make a visit or visits; to maintain visiting relations; to practice calling on others.
• Visite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A light cape or short cloak of silk or lace worn by women in summer.