• Voided Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Emptied; evacuated.
- (a.) Annulled; invalidated.
- (a.) Having the inner part cut away, or left vacant, a narrow border being left at the sides, the tincture of the field being seen in the vacant space; -- said of a charge.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Void
• Void Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no incumbent; unoccupied; -- said of offices and the like.
- (a.) Not producing any effect; ineffectual; vain.
- (a.) Of no legal force or effect, incapable of confirmation or ratification; null. Cf. Voidable, 2.
- (a.) Being without; destitute; free; wanting; devoid; as, void of learning, or of common use.
- (n.) An empty space; a vacuum.
- (a.) To render void; to make to be of no validity or effect; to vacate; to annul; to nullify.
- (a.) Containing no immaterial quality; destitute of mind or soul.
- (a.) To remove the contents of; to make or leave vacant or empty; to quit; to leave; as, to void a table.
- (v. i.) To be emitted or evacuated.
- (a.) To throw or send out; to evacuate; to emit; to discharge; as, to void excrements.
- (a.) Containing nothing; empty; vacant; not occupied; not filled.