• Volley Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A return of the ball before it touches the ground.
- (v. i.) To be thrown out, or discharged, at once; to be discharged in a volley, or as if in a volley; to make a volley or volleys.
- (v. t.) To discharge with, or as with, a volley.
- (n.) A burst or emission of many things at once; as, a volley of words.
- (n.) A sending of the ball full to the top of the wicket.
- (n.) A flight of missiles, as arrows, bullets, or the like; the simultaneous discharge of a number of small arms.
- (v. i.) To send the ball full to the top of the wicket.
- (v. i.) To return the ball before it touches the ground.
• Volleyed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Volley
- (a.) Discharged with a sudden burst, or as if in a volley; as, volleyed thunder.
• Volley ball Definition & Synonyms
- () A game played by volleying a large inflated ball with the hands over a net 7 ft. 6 in. high.