• Volleying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Volley
• Volley Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A return of the ball before it touches the ground.
- (v. i.) To be thrown out, or discharged, at once; to be discharged in a volley, or as if in a volley; to make a volley or volleys.
- (v. t.) To discharge with, or as with, a volley.
- (n.) A burst or emission of many things at once; as, a volley of words.
- (n.) A sending of the ball full to the top of the wicket.
- (n.) A flight of missiles, as arrows, bullets, or the like; the simultaneous discharge of a number of small arms.
- (v. i.) To send the ball full to the top of the wicket.
- (v. i.) To return the ball before it touches the ground.