• Volt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The unit of electro-motive force; -- defined by the International Electrical Congress in 1893 and by United States Statute as, that electro-motive force which steadily applied to a conductor whose resistance is one ohm will produce a current of one ampere. It is practically equivalent to / the electro-motive force of a standard Clarks cell at a temperature of 15í C.
- (n.) A sudden movement to avoid a thrust.
- (n.) A circular tread; a gait by which a horse going sideways round a center makes two concentric tracks.
• Voltairism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The theories or practice of Voltaire.
• Volta-electrometer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for the exact measurement of electric currents.