• Wafted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Waft
• Waft Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be moved, or to pass, on a buoyant medium; to float.
- (n.) A wave or current of wind.
- (v. t.) To cause to float; to keep from sinking; to buoy.
- (n.) A knot, or stop, in the middle of a flag.
- (v. t.) To cause to move or go in a wavy manner, or by the impulse of waves, as of water or air; to bear along on a buoyant medium; as, a balloon was wafted over the channel.
- (n.) An unpleasant flavor.
- (n.) A signal made by waving something, as a flag, in the air.
- (v. t.) To give notice to by waving something; to wave the hand to; to beckon.