• Wainscoting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or occupation of covering or lining with boards in panel.
- (n.) The material used to wainscot a house, or the wainscot as a whole; panelwork.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wainscot
• Wainscot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of European moths of the family Leucanidae.
- (n.) Oaken timber or boarding.
- (v. t.) To line with boards or panelwork, or as if with panelwork; as, to wainscot a hall.
- (n.) A wooden lining or boarding of the walls of apartments, usually made in panels.