• Walked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Walk
• Walk Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In coffee, coconut, and other plantations, the space between them.
- (n.) An inclosed area of some extent to which a gamecock is confined to prepare him for fighting.
- (v. t.) To put or keep (a puppy) in a walk; to train (puppies) in a walk.
- (v. t.) To move in a manner likened to walking.
- (n.) A place for keeping and training puppies.
- (v. t.) To cause to walk; to lead, drive, or ride with a slow pace; as to walk ones horses.
- (v. i.) To move along on foot; to advance by steps; to go on at a moderate pace; specifically, of two-legged creatures, to proceed at a slower or faster rate, but without running, or lifting one foot entirely before the other touches the ground.
- (v. i.) To behave; to pursue a course of life; to conduct ones self.
- (n.) A frequented track; habitual place of action; sphere; as, the walk of the historian.
- (v. i.) To be in motion; to act; to move; to wag.
- (n.) The route or district regularly served by a vender; as, a milkmans walk.
- (n.) The act of walking, or moving on the feet with a slow pace; advance without running or leaping.
- (v. i.) To move off; to depart.
- (n.) Conduct; course of action; behavior.
- (n.) Manner of walking; gait; step; as, we often know a person at a distance by his walk.
- (v. t.) To subject, as cloth or yarn, to the fulling process; to full.
- (v. i.) To move or go on the feet for exercise or amusement; to take ones exercise; to ramble.
- (v. i.) To be stirring; to be abroad; to go restlessly about; -- said of things or persons expected to remain quiet, as a sleeping person, or the spirit of a dead person; to go about as a somnambulist or a specter.
- (n.) The act of walking for recreation or exercise; as, a morning walk; an evening walk.
- (n.) That in or through which one walks; place or distance walked over; a place for walking; a path or avenue prepared for foot passengers, or for taking air and exercise; way; road; hence, a place or region in which animals may graze; place of wandering; range; as, a sheep walk.
- (v. t.) To pass through, over, or upon; to traverse; to perambulate; as, to walk the streets.