• Walling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of making a wall or walls.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wall
- (n.) Walls, in general; material for walls.
• Wall Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot; a wale.
- (n.) A defense; a rampart; a means of protection; in the plural, fortifications, in general; works for defense.
- (v. t.) To close or fill with a wall, as a doorway.
- (n.) The side of a level or drift.
- (n.) An inclosing part of a receptacle or vessel; as, the walls of a steam-engine cylinder.
- (n.) A work or structure of stone, brick, or other materials, raised to some height, and intended for defense or security, solid and permanent inclosing fence, as around a field, a park, a town, etc., also, one of the upright inclosing parts of a building or a room.
- (n.) The country rock bounding a vein laterally.
- (v. t.) To inclose with a wall, or as with a wall.
- (v. t.) To defend by walls, or as if by walls; to fortify.