• War Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make war; to invade or attack a state or nation with force of arms; to carry on hostilities; to be in a state by violence.
- (a.) Ware; aware.
- (v. t.) To carry on, as a contest; to wage.
- (n.) Forces; army.
- (n.) a state of opposition or contest; an act of opposition; an inimical contest, act, or action; enmity; hostility.
- (n.) A condition of belligerency to be maintained by physical force. In this sense, levying war against the sovereign authority is treason.
- (n.) A contest between nations or states, carried on by force, whether for defence, for revenging insults and redressing wrongs, for the extension of commerce, for the acquisition of territory, for obtaining and establishing the superiority and dominion of one over the other, or for any other purpose; armed conflict of sovereign powers; declared and open hostilities.
- (n.) Instruments of war.
- (v. t.) To make war upon; to fight.
- (v. i.) To contend; to strive violently; to fight.
- (n.) The profession of arms; the art of war.
• War-beaten Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Warworn.