• Warning Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Caution against danger, or against faults or evil practices which incur danger; admonition; monition.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Warn
- (a.) Giving previous notice; cautioning; admonishing; as, a warning voice.
- (n.) Previous notice.
• Warn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To refuse.
- (v. t.) To give notice to, of approaching or probable danger or evil; to caution against anything that may prove injurious.
- (v. t.) To ward off.
- (v. t.) To make ware or aware; to give previous information to; to give notice to; to notify; to admonish; hence, to notify or summon by authority; as, to warn a town meeting; to warn a tenant to quit a house.
• Warningly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a warning manner.