• Wart Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An excrescence or protuberance more or less resembling a true wart; specifically (Bot.), a glandular excrescence or hardened protuberance on plants.
- (n.) A small, usually hard, tumor on the skin formed by enlargement of its vascular papillae, and thickening of the epidermis which covers them.
• Warty-back Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An American fresh-water mussel (Quadrula pustulosa). Its shell is used in making buttons.
• Warty Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of the nature of warts; as, a warty excrescence.
- (a.) Having warts; full of warts; overgrow with warts; as, a warty leaf.