• Wast Definition & Synonyms
- () The second person singular of the verb be, in the indicative mood, imperfect tense; -- now used only in solemn or poetical style. See Was.
• Wastebasket Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A basket used in offices, libraries, etc., as a receptacle for waste paper.
• Waster Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A kind of cudgel; also, a blunt-edged sword used as a foil.
- (v. t.) One who, or that which, wastes; one who squanders; one who consumes or expends extravagantly; a spendthrift; a prodigal.
- (v. t.) An imperfection in the wick of a candle, causing it to waste; -- called also a thief.