• Weaken Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become weak or weaker; to lose strength, spirit, or determination; to become less positive or resolute; as, the patient weakened; the witness weakened on cross-examination.
- (v. t.) To make weak; to lessen the strength of; to deprive of strength; to debilitate; to enfeeble; to enervate; as, to weaken the body or the mind; to weaken the hands of a magistrate; to weaken the force of an objection or an argument.
- (v. t.) To reduce in quality, strength, or spirit; as, to weaken tea; to weaken any solution or decoction.
• Weakening Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Weaken