• Weald Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A wood or forest; a wooded land or region; also, an open country; -- often used in place names.
• Weal Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) The body politic; the state; common wealth.
- (v. t.) To mark with stripes. See Wale.
- (n.) The mark of a stripe. See Wale.
- (adv.) A sound, healthy, or prosperous state of a person or thing; prosperity; happiness; welfare.
- (v. t.) To promote the weal of; to cause to be prosperous.
• Wealdish Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a weald, esp. to the weald in the county of Kent, England.