• Web Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The blade of a saw.
- (n.) A weaver.
- (n.) A thin metal sheet, plate, or strip, as of lead.
- (n.) The texture of very fine thread spun by a spider for catching insects at its prey; a cobweb.
- (n.) A plate or thin portion, continuous or perforated, connecting stiffening ribs or flanges, or other parts of an object.
- (n.) The membrane which unites the fingers or toes, either at their bases, as in man, or for a greater part of their length, as in many water birds and amphibians.
- (n.) The part of a blackmiths anvil between the face and the foot.
- (n.) The blade of a sword.
- (n.) The bit of a key.
- (n.) Pterygium; -- called also webeye.
- (n.) A whole piece of linen cloth as woven.
- (n.) Fig.: Tissue; texture; complicated fabrication.
- (n.) The thin vertical plate or portion connecting the upper and lower flanges of an lower flanges of an iron girder, rolled beam, or railroad rail.
- (n.) A disk or solid construction serving, instead of spokes, for connecting the rim and hub, in some kinds of car wheels, sheaves, etc.
- (v. t.) To unite or surround with a web, or as if with a web; to envelop; to entangle.
- (n.) The arm of a crank between the shaft and the wrist.
- (n.) That which is woven; a texture; textile fabric; esp., something woven in a loom.
- (n.) The series of barbs implanted on each side of the shaft of a feather, whether stiff and united together by barbules, as in ordinary feathers, or soft and separate, as in downy feathers. See Feather.
- (n.) A band of webbing used to regulate the extension of the hood.
- (n.) The thin, sharp part of a colter.
• Web-fingered Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the fingers united by a web for a considerable part of their length.