• Weeded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Weed
• Weed Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any plant growing in cultivated ground to the injury of the crop or desired vegetation, or to the disfigurement of the place; an unsightly, useless, or injurious plant.
- (n.) Underbrush; low shrubs.
- (v. t.) To take away, as noxious plants; to remove, as something hurtful; to extirpate.
- (n.) A sudden illness or relapse, often attended with fever, which attacks women in childbed.
- (n.) An article of dress worn in token of grief; a mourning garment or badge; as, he wore a weed on his hat; especially, in the plural, mourning garb, as of a woman; as, a widows weeds.
- (v. t.) To free from noxious plants; to clear of weeds; as, to weed corn or onions; to weed a garden.
- (n.) Fig.: Something unprofitable or troublesome; anything useless.
- (v. t.) To free from anything hurtful or offensive.
- (n.) Tobacco, or a cigar.
- (v. t.) To reject as unfit for breeding purposes.
- (n.) A garment; clothing; especially, an upper or outer garment.
- (n.) An animal unfit to breed from.