• Welsh Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) To avoid dishonorably the fulfillment of a pecuniary obligation.
- (v. t. & i.) To cheat by avoiding payment of bets; -- said esp. of an absconding bookmaker at a race track.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Wales, or its inhabitants.
- (n.) The language of Wales, or of the Welsh people.
- (n.) The natives or inhabitants of Wales.
• Welsher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who cheats at a horse race; one who bets, without a chance of being able to pay; one who receives money to back certain horses and absconds with it.