• Weltered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Welter
• Welter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To roll, as the body of an animal; to tumble about, especially in anything foul or defiling; to wallow.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, the most heavily weighted race in a meeting; as, a welter race; the welter stakes.
- (n.) A rising or falling, as of waves; as, the welter of the billows; the welter of a tempest.
- (v. i.) To wither; to wilt.
- (v. i.) To rise and fall, as waves; to tumble over, as billows.
- (n.) That in which any person or thing welters, or wallows; filth; mire; slough.