• Welting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Welt
• Welt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A narrow border, as of an ordinary, but not extending around the ends.
- (n.) That which, being sewed or otherwise fastened to an edge or border, serves to guard, strengthen, or adorn it
- (v. t.) To wilt.
- (n.) A small cord covered with cloth and sewed on a seam or border to strengthen it; an edge of cloth folded on itself, usually over a cord, and sewed down.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a welt; to sew or fasten a welt on; as, to welt a boot or a shoe; to welt a sleeve.
- (n.) In steam boilers and sheet-iron work, a strip riveted upon the edges of plates that form a butt joint.
- (n.) In carpentry, a strip of wood fastened over a flush seam or joint, or an angle, to strengthen it.
- (n.) A hem, border, or fringe.
- (n.) In shoemaking, a narrow strip of leather around a shoe, between the upper leather and sole.
- (n.) In machine-made stockings, a strip, or flap, of which the heel is formed.
• Welte Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. of Weld, to wield.