• Whale Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any aquatic mammal of the order Cetacea, especially any one of the large species, some of which become nearly one hundred feet long. Whales are hunted chiefly for their oil and baleen, or whalebone.
• Whalebone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A firm, elastic substance resembling horn, taken from the upper jaw of the right whale; baleen. It is used as a stiffening in stays, fans, screens, and for various other purposes. See Baleen.
• Whaler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who whales, or beats; a big, strong fellow; hence, anything of great or unusual size.
- (n.) A vessel or person employed in the whale fishery.