• Wharfs Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Wharf
• Wharf Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To guard or secure by a firm wall of timber or stone constructed like a wharf; to furnish with a wharf or wharfs.
- (n.) The bank of a river, or the shore of the sea.
- (n.) A structure or platform of timber, masonry, iron, earth, or other material, built on the shore of a harbor, river, canal, or the like, and usually extending from the shore to deep water, so that vessels may lie close alongside to receive and discharge cargo, passengers, etc.; a quay; a pier.
- (v. t.) To place upon a wharf; to bring to a wharf.