• Whim Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be subject to, or indulge in, whims; to be whimsical, giddy, or freakish.
- (n.) The European widgeon.
- (n.) A large capstan or vertical drum turned by horse power or steam power, for raising ore or water, etc., from mines, or for other purposes; -- called also whim gin, and whimsey.
- (n.) A sudden turn or start of the mind; a temporary eccentricity; a freak; a fancy; a capricious notion; a humor; a caprice.
• Whimwham Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A whimsical thing; an odd device; a trifle; a trinket; a gimcrack.
- (n.) A whim, or whimsey; a freak.