• Whine Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To utter or express plaintively, or in a mean, unmanly way; as, to whine out an excuse.
- (n.) A plaintive tone; the nasal, childish tone of mean complaint; mean or affected complaint.
- (v. i.) To utter a plaintive cry, as some animals; to moan with a childish noise; to complain, or to tell of sorrow, distress, or the like, in a plaintive, nasal tone; hence, to complain or to beg in a mean, unmanly way; to moan basely.
• Whined Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Whine