• Whited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of White
• Whit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The smallest part or particle imaginable; a bit; a jot; an iota; -- generally used in an adverbial phrase in a negative sentence.
• White Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person with a white skin; a member of the white, or Caucasian, races of men.
- (superl.) Characterized by freedom from that which disturbs, and the like; fortunate; happy; favorable.
- (superl.) Regarded with especial favor; favorite; darling.
- (superl.) Reflecting to the eye all the rays of the spectrum combined; not tinted with any of the proper colors or their mixtures; having the color of pure snow; snowy; -- the opposite of black or dark; as, white paper; a white skin.
- (superl.) Gray, as from age; having silvery hair; hoary.
- (v. t.) To make white; to whiten; to whitewash; to bleach.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of butterflies belonging to Pieris, and allied genera in which the color is usually white. See Cabbage butterfly, under Cabbage.
- (n.) A white pigment; as, Venice white.
- (n.) Specifically, the central part of the butt in archery, which was formerly painted white; the center of a mark at which a missile is shot.
- (superl.) Having the color of purity; free from spot or blemish, or from guilt or pollution; innocent; pure.
- (superl.) Destitute of color, as in the cheeks, or of the tinge of blood color; pale; pallid; as, white with fear.
- (n.) The color of pure snow; one of the natural colors of bodies, yet not strictly a color, but a composition of all colors; the opposite of black; whiteness. See the Note under Color, n., 1.
- (n.) Something having the color of snow; something white, or nearly so; as, the white of the eye.
, White person