• Wig Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To censure or rebuke; to hold up to reprobation; to scold.
- (n.) A covering for the head, consisting of hair interwoven or united by a kind of network, either in imitation of the natural growth, or in abundant and flowing curls, worn to supply a deficiency of natural hair, or for ornament, or according to traditional usage, as a part of an official or professional dress, the latter especially in England by judges and barristers.
- (n.) An old seal; -- so called by fishermen.
- (n.) A kind of raised seedcake.
• Wigan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of canvaslike cotton fabric, used to stiffen and protect the lower part of trousers and of the skirts of womens dresses, etc.; -- so called from Wigan, the name of a town in Lancashire, England.
• Wigwag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) To move to and fro, to wag.
- (v. t. & i.) Act or art of wigwagging; a message wigwagged; -- chiefly attributive; as, the wigwag code.
- (v. t.) To signal by means of a flag waved from side to side according to a code adopted for the purpose.