• Wincing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wince
- (n.) The act of washing cloth, dipping it in dye, etc., with a wince.
• Wince Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of one who winces.
- (n.) A reel used in dyeing, steeping, or washing cloth; a winch. It is placed over the division wall between two wince pits so as to allow the cloth to descend into either compartment. at will.
- (v. i.) To shrink, as from a blow, or from pain; to flinch; to start back.
- (v. i.) To kick or flounce when unsteady, or impatient at a rider; as, a horse winces.